Making Nutri Ninja The Next Step On The Way To A Healthier Lifestyle
After our kids were born, my wife and I have been slowly making changes to our lifestyle. It was time to address the food we ate. Before our kids were born, we both were working long hours, we often ate fast food for convenience and felt we need to make changes for our health. We slowly started reducing the amount of processed food and increasing the amount of quality healthy food we were eating. This includes increasing our white meats, whole vegetables, and fruit intakes. We even decided that it was time to get more active, starting to do daily walks that were almost 4 km during the spring and fall, cutting it to 2km during the winter and summer months.
We constantly looked for ways to improve the way we eat and get healthier. The drive gets even higher during this time of year. It starts with New Years and the typical New Years resolutions and it grows. The World Juniors happen during the period from Christmas to New Years. Then there is the NFL Playoffs, add in the NHL all star game and then it’s time for the Big Game. This will be followed quickly by the NBA all star game as well.
One thing that we had been looking at off and on over the past few months was starting to make our own smoothies. Many years ago, before they became popular, a couple of kids on a jobsite I was working on, brought in this neat drink they were calling a smoothie. It was cool and refreshing especially working in the heat for long hours. I had an awful lot of smoothies that year and over the next few years they became extremely popular.
Serves 24 oz
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 5 mandarin oranges
- 1 small banana
- 1 small apple
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- 2 cups of Ice
- Put 2 cups of ice in the NutriNinja
- Add in 1 cup of milk
- Spoon in the plain yogurt.
- Peel and segment the mandarins
- Peel and slice 1 apple
- Peel and slice 1 small banana
- Make sure NutriNinja is set to Smooth Boost and press Blend.
- Repeat a second time if you wish for a smoother drink
When Ninja offered me a chance to try out this Nutri Ninja Auto IQ with Smooth Boost, I was quite thrilled. Instantly my wife and I started thinking of the various options we could use to try to incorporate smoothies into a healthier lifestyle. At present we have started to have smoothies for breakfast, and even our littlest one is trying them out and enjoying them.
Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Compact includes:
- Smooth Boost Technology, which allows you to truly customize your drink-making
- Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction in combination with the Pro Extractor Blades helps to break down whole fruits and veggies for refreshing, full-bodied juices
- High-Performance Blending along with the blender’s high-performance blades crushes frozen ingredients and ice for great, cool, smoothies and shakes
- 2 Regular Tritan Nutri Ninja Cups with Sip & Seal Lids allows you to take nutrient-rich super juices with you
- The Double Wall Stainless Steel Cup keeps your favorite frozen smoothies colder for up to 4 hours!
One major advantage to having the Nutri Ninja at this time of year is how much simpler it will make the whole idea of preparing a get together on the day of the big game. Because we are eating healthier, planning these types of events can be a bit more difficult then it was before. With the new system, we have our preparations in order, and will be setting out pitchers of smoothies blended fresh with our new Nutri Ninja.
Ninja has graciously offered the opportunity for me to give away a Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Compact System to one of my readers.
Giveaway ends March 2 open to US/CAN only
See larger image