Disclosure: I received a UGears Model Steam Engine to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
There are those times when you see something and you realize that without a question that it rocks. I originally saw a video of the UGears Steam Engine when I was poking around one day and realized how totally cool it was.
My earliest memories involve trains. My father used to be an air brake mechanic for CN before they shut the local shops. I remember sitting in the car outside the gates when my mom went to pick him up. I remember him taking the whole family for a steam train ride in Hillsborough. We even got a long train ride to Winnipeg one Christmas as well.
While I enjoy trains, my father has always really seemed to love them and it is fun checking out his collection of pictures and other memorabilia he has collected and been given over the years. So when I realized I was going to actually get a chance to get my hands on the UGears Steam Engine as well as the Railway Platform I was thrilled and knew he would love the chance to see them as well.
I was impressed by the level of detail and the intricacy of the mechanics on this model. It is astonishing how much the designer was able to accomplish with a bit of wood and some ingenuity. It is incredible to imagine how strong and yet delicate the UGears Steam Engine must be to be able to withstand the force of motion while still being so light.
There are very few models that can capture this level of intricacy. It is sure to provide hours of fun as you work with your children to put the model together and share the joys of creating such a beautiful piece.
Ugears Steam Engine
- Structured as per XIX century engineering with wheels, pistons, spinning gears, and other components. It is designed to resemble its real life replica back at the time when technical progress was at its peak.
- Attention has been paid to each and every detail. This is evident from the fancy styling and this having the most parts in the UGEARS range.
- The engine is operated using a lever near the driver’s window. It can be steered up to a distance of 5 meters using the gigantic gearwheel array.
- Are you interested in the mechanism of the good ol’ steam engine. You can take a peek at the asynchronously operating piston and valve inside the model that clearly shows how steam is channeled into the steam chamber.
- The cabin is styled in an authentic fashion that includes an instrument panel. It has a retractable ladder beneath the door – you can use the roof hatch and tiny doors to look at inside.
- For your convenience, each piece is pre-cut using plywood boards so it is super-easy to snap or snip them out. No glue is needed, so you can say goodbye to sticky fingers!
The package includes an instruction manual so you won’t any trouble in understanding how to build the locomotive. It is not tough to build it – all you need to do is be a little patient with the model kit and soon you will be able to assemble it perfectly. devastated