Buttery Sausage, Egg And Cheese Casserole With Maple Syrup
Casserole Recipe Serves: 8-10
7 croissants, rough chopped
1 tablespoon butter, more for baking dish
1 lb andouille sausage, chopped
1/2 cup breakfast sausage, sliced
1/2 cup bacon, crisped, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
8 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups pepperjack cheese, grated
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add butter and sauté green onion, sausages, and bacon for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onions. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and heavy cream.
- Add croissants and sautéed mixture.
- Add shredded cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and pour casserole mixture into it.
Bake for 35-45 minutes. Allow casserole to cool. To serve, drizzle with maple syrup.
Adrianne Calvo, chef, author, television personality, and restaurateur has been in the business of reinvigorating taste buds since 2007. With four cook books under her belt: Maximum Flavor (2005), Chef Adrianne: Driven by Flavor Fueled by Fire (2008), #MaximumFlavorSocial (2014)and Play with Fire (2015), Calvo has cooked up an extensive inventory of recipes reflecting tastes from across her experiences as a chef and worldwide travels. Her restaurant, Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, located in Kendall, Florida dazzles the surrounding area with its sophistication and rotating menu.
See larger image